DNS Firewalls - Using DNS as a layer of defense null Bhopal Meet 18 July 2020 Null Bhopal Meet 18th July Webinar
DNS(Domain Name System) is the crucial & ubiquitous fabric of the Internet. While we rely on accessing websites, applications, devices using a Fully Qualified Domain Name, on a daily basis, in a network, DNS can also be extremely valuable & effective defence layer in a multi-tiered security approach. This talk will give an introduction to DNS RPZ(Response Policy Zones) and how it can be leveraged to stop threats in the network.
The key takeaways for the talk are
1. Idea of a flat network & it’s constraints
2. How malware(C2/Botnets, phishing URL’s) leverages DNS
3. How a DNS Firewall(DNS Response Policy Zones) can mitigate threats at the resolution layer
4. Lessons learned in implementing this for 100+ networks in Tier-II & Tier-III cities
The intended audience for this talk are
1. System & network administrators
3. Anyone running a network
Swapneel Patnekar is network engineer & researcher with interests in networking(DNS, DNSSEC, BGP), Unix systems and security. As a technical trainer, he regularly conducts workshops on DNS, DNSSEC, Routing, Unix etc. He is also an APNIC Community Trainer & a RIPE Atlas Ambassador.
He is also the Managing Director of Shreshta IT Technologies Pvt. Ltd, a company based out of Belgaum, building & securing networks of micro, small & medium enterprises & network operators in Tier-II and Tier-III cities.
Starts at Saturday July 18 2020, 05:00 PM. The sessions runs for about 1 hour.