General hands-on event.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Python School of Security - Class 4 by Abhinav Chourasia
- Python School of Security - Class 4 by Bharath
Python school of security - Class 4
Python for System administration
This is the 4th workshop of a 6 part series on Python programming for security professionals. A detailed roadmap of the series can be found here: Python school of security - roadmap
Registrations will close on March 24th 2:00 PM
Only the registered participants will be sent a confirmation email with the venue details. This email will be sent by Friday March 25th 8:00 PM.
Please read the following instructions carefully. This will enable us to have a smooth, hassle free session.
Overview & Objective:
- In this workshop, we will use Python programming language for automating and simplifying system administration tasks.
- We'll explore various standard and third-party libraries that help us automate/simplify system admin tasks.
We'll work on using Python to accomplish tasks like:
- Managing file systems and processes.
- SSH automation.
- File monitoring.
- Using SSH for application deployment or systems administration tasks.
What you should know before attending the workshop?
- Basic understanding of Python language and syntax.
- Basic knowledge of Linux command line utilities (ls, cd, grep, chmod etc.).
- Basic understanding of networking and tools like SSH.
1. Please note: People who have attended previous session/s of the Python School of Security series would be given a preference for selection this time.
2. For all others the selections would be based on a first come first serve basis
What you should bring to the workshop?
- Laptop with administrator access (mandatory).
- Minimum 2 GB RAM and 5 GB free hard disk space.(More the better)
- Preferably running Linux as primary OS but Windows/Mac is permissible.
- Oracle VirtualBox 5.x or later installed. (VMWare users are on their own)
- An SSH client on the host OS. (Most Linux distributions have SSH client by default, Windows user can use putty)
- Preferably, bring your own Internet connectivity (for additional reading, without which you may have hard time solving challenges).
|Date||Saturday March 25 2017|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|
|Name||Speaker||Start Time||End Time||Resources|
|Python School of Security - Class 4||Abhinav Chourasia||09:30 AM||06:00 PM|
|Python School of Security - Class 4||Bharath||09:30 AM||06:00 PM|