Null offensive hacking hands-on training.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Solving Web CTF challenges by Riyaz Walikar
Solving Web CTF challenges
This will be a hands on session on the different approaches one can take when solving Web CTF challenges.
There will be active discussion on different approaches while trying our hands out on different Web CTF challenges of increasing difficulty.
Reading up/practicing before you come:
- SQL Injection
- Insecure Direct Object Reference
- File inclusion attacks
- Base64 Encoding & Decoding
- Register and solve at least 5 basic challenges at https://www.hackthissite.org/missions/basic/
Hardware Pre-requisites (Mandatory)
- A system capable of running Virtual Box. You can test this by installing Virtual Box and creating a test VM.
- Atleast 2 GB of RAM
- Atleast 2 GB of free space (to copy and import the VM that will be distributed)
Software Pre-requisites (Mandatory)
- VirtualBox (Any version higher than 5.1). Please install this and come before the session. VMWare will not be supported.
- Kali Linux
- PuTTY to SSH into the VM. This is for Windows hosts. https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w32/putty.exe
- BurpSuite free
- Firefox with FoxyProxy Addon
|Date||Saturday April 15 2017|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||10:00 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|
|Name||Speaker||Start Time||End Time||Resources|
|Solving Web CTF challenges||Riyaz Walikar||10:00 AM||06:00 PM|
This is an invite only event. If you are selected you will receive further information via e-mail.