Null offensive hacking hands-on training.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Reverse Ennginnering 101 by Faiz
Reverse Engineering - 101 by @Faiz Khan
You can register by doing the following:
Click on the register button to register yourself for this session.
Make sure you fill the Google form - Reverse Engineering 101 Google Form
Only the participants who have registered here AND filled the Google sheet will be considered for this session.
Registrations will close on Oct 27th 10:00 AM. Only the participants who registered and filled in the Google form will be sent a confirmation email with the venue details. Please note that this session is limited to 30 participants only and It's the prerogative of the champion to select the participants based on the responses received.
This email will be sent by Friday Oct 27th 2:00 PM.
Please read the following instructions carefully. This will enable us to have a smooth, hassle free session.
At a bare minimum the following topics will be covered :
• Introduction to Reverse Engineering
• Introduction to Windows Internals
• Memory Layout and Virtual Memory
• x86 Instruction set and registers
• Getting started with IDA Pro
Who should attend:
• As this session heavily focuses on RE fundamentals people who just started out in this domain should attend.
• Those who have been working on Buffer Overflows, Malware Analysis or Exploitation and want to know how and why these techniques work, can also benefit from this session.
Hardware Pre-requisites (Mandatory) :
• A system capable of running Virtual Box. You can test this by installing Virtual Box and creating a test VM.
• Atleast 4 GB of RAM
• Atleast 20 GB of free space on any drive.
Software Pre-requisites (Mandatory) :
• VirtualBox (Any version higher than 5.1.10). Please install this and come before the session. VMWare will not be supported.
• Windows 7 32 Bit as guest OS setup on the virtual box (as the course ware is designed to cover 32 bit OS). 64 Bit is not supported. Trial version of Windows 7 32 bit for virtual box can be downloaded from here : Download Windows Virtual Machines
|Date||Saturday October 28 2017|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|