n|u Puliya, really short courses for skill bridging.
Puliya means culvert or a small bridge in Hindi.
We have been getting constant feedback about our null Humla and null Bachaav sessions. The feedback is both ways and almost all the champions are of the opinion that there are some essential non-security skills that are sorely lacking in a lot of attendees.
To "bridge" this gap in skills of our members attending the sessions we are starting null Puliya. The idea is to bridge the skill gap and get our members ready to take on advanced topics covered in null Humla and null Bachaav.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Getting Familiar With Android pen-test Tools by Kartik Lalan
Understanding usage of tools like APKTool, D2J, JDGui, Jadx, APKSiger for Reverse engineering Android apk as part of static code analysis. If time permits HTTP/HTTPS interception using burp proxy.
Windows/Mac/Linux machine with
- Admin rights
- USB access
- Sufficient free disk space & RAM
- Java installed
- ADB (You can download standalone or Android Studio also contains ADB)
- APKTool (https://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/install/)
- D2J (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dex2jar/files/latest/download)
- JDGUI (http://jd.benow.ca/)
- Jadx (https://github.com/skylot/jadx)
- apksigner (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haibison.apksigner&hl=en_IN)
(If you don't have android phone to download you can skip apksigner)
- Burp (https://portswigger.net/burp/communitydownload)
|Date||Saturday August 18 2018|
|Event Type||Open to Everybody|
|Start Time||03:00 PM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|
3rd Floor, Block A, Ganesh Meridian, opp Kargil Petrol Pump,
S.G Highway, Sola,