General hands-on event.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- IoT Security Workshop by Aseem Jakhar
"The great power of Internet of Things comes with great responsibility of its security". Being the hottest technology, developments and innovations are happening at a stellar speed, but the security of IoT is yet to catch up. So, we have embarked on a journey to make IoT security easy and one of the first steps is by releasing an open source framework for IoT security testing called EXPLIoT - https://expliot.io, for the community.
IoT security testing with EXPLIoT framework" workshop will offer security professionals a good understanding of:
1. IoT potocols
2. IoT security issues
3. How to use EXPLIoT framework for security testing
4. Creating your own plugins in EXPLIoT.
The workshop will have hands-on to enable attendees to use EXPLIoT and understand techniques to find and exploit vulnerabilities in IoT ecosystem. The workshop will also discuss how to attack the underlying hardware of the sensors. It is aimed at security professionals who want to enhance their skills and move to/specialize in IoT security.
* Laptop with at least 8 GB RAM
* Administrator access on your laptop
* Ubuntu 18/19, Debian 10, Kali or Fedora (EXPLIoT is tested on these platforms)
* install git, pip3, python3-venv (, may be ensurepip as well)
* Install expliot in developer mode (follow manual installation instructions here, except dont use install instead do develop option in "python3 setup.py develop" - https://expliot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)
These commands would be helpful. Make sure you are able to run expliot in the virtual environment
$ sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0 libglib2.0-dev python3-dev
$ git clone https://gitlab.com/expliot_framework/expliot.git
$ cd expliot/
$ sudo apt install python3-pip
$ sudo pip3 install ensurepip
$ sudo apt-get install python3-venv
$ python3 -m venv .
$ source bin/activate
$ python3 setup.py develop
|Date||Tuesday September 10 2019|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||10:00 AM|
|End Time||02:00 PM|